Thursday, September 08, 2011

Job Day 3

Today started out a bit slow. I struggled to find something to do. I tried to get into the sld and it did not work again. I then realized that I had a lot more access than I originally thought. I began to do some of the setup for the SLD by following the documentation for setting up the system. This was apparently not followed at all. I requested access to the server. I have never done work on the server, but hopefully I can figure out why some of the required java services are not started.
I went out to lunch with my team. We went fairly far into Downer's Grove. It was faster than I thought it would be by taking the highway. I live so far from the highway, but closer to Downer's Grove and it takes longer. The food was typical Indian fare. Nothing special, nothing stuck out.
At the end of the day, I overheard some issues in production with pricing on a purchase order. I offered my 2 cents and was able to help/validate what was wrong. It felt good to be useful. I cannot stand feeling like I cannot help at all.
For tomorrow, I can see how casual Fridays are. Supposedly T-Shirts are allowed. That will be awkward for me in a corporate setting to be around that. More to come tomorrow. Hopefully I can at least get the SLD up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home