Wednesday, September 07, 2011

New Job Day 2

Today was a bit more productive at work. My badge did not work in the morning, but did work by afternoon. This means I can goto the bathroom on my own. I spent most of the day reading about Process Monitoring setup in Solution Manager. This started out with a copy of a presentation from a superior. After getting through a few slides, I realized it was too high level. I decided to get the documentation from SAP.

I spent the rest of the day reading through this documentation. There was about 143 pages worth. I am not sure that I can do all of the tasks in the list, but at least I have a start. The hard part for me is remembering all of the new terms. I created a list in html using some jquery ui help. It is a nice accordion list with terms. Hopefully we will have a sandbox landscape where I have some authority to actually do some setup.

On the SAP PI front, I tried to figure out what was missing from the setup. I knew from yesterday that the java side was not setup at all. Today I learned that nothing was setup. It appears that no one even went through the SAP install guide. I inquired about when this could be done and was told that Basis has no bandwith. ROADBLOCK. What can I do know? My primary responsibility is to get this system setup and running, but I will get no help from Basis. Maybe I can get at least more access at the Basis and server level to complete the setup myself. I am not sure what CapGemeni was doing when they supposedly prepared this sandbox.

I recovered some old documentation I did on SAP PI for my boss. With a few changes, it was ready to go. It is very high level, but should suffice for now. Much of the rest requires going through SAP documentation and/or showing the real system which is not setup. I also realized that someone said I was a Netweaver expert. I was asked if I had ever done Basis type setup of a Netweaver system. I do not know who originated the idea that I have this skillset.

In general computing, I figured out how Lenovo manages the wireless connections and setup my netbook to connect to the corporate wireless with PEAP and MSChapV2, of course. It works and the proxy is of the transparent https variety and requires login just once. This is handy and will remove my reliance on cntlm. Cntlm has been a great help over the years. At least I still have all of my scripts to switch proxy. I am also trying to figure how to setup VPNC to work correctly on my netbook. It appears that it is configured to not use my user credentials, instead there is a group credential with a password saved. I need to figure out how to get that password. There is always a way.

Tomorrow is my team lunch. I do not get to see if my key works yet in the fitness center, but at least I get to see one Indian restaurant in the area. Hopefully I can also get further clarification on how I can get the sandbox system setup. By the chatter I hear, it appears that the project-focused architecture team may get its own resources for such tasks. This can be good, but may cause other power struggles between managers or issues with transition to support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home